Current & Emerging Technology Reflection



Taking the EDUC 3326  Current & Emerging Technology course, proved valuable within practicum as I learned relevant and practical tools that I implemented. The classroom had access to several technological devices and often used them, making it easy to facilitate lessons using programs and online resources that I gathered through the course. A key takeaway for me from this class was understanding how to apply the technology, not just what technology to use, looking at the learning experience and reflecting on how technology can be integrated authentically and meaningful. Luckily, technology keeps evolving staying current and relevant, which adds to its effectiveness when planning a meaningful learning experience for students. Regarding my burning question about using technology to expand my assessment tools, the course provided me with opportunities to lesson plan and use platforms like google with google surveys. In my practicum, I was able to use some of the assessment tool ideas that I came up with, for example, a class shared google doc math mystery puzzle lesson. Within this course, there was camaraderie and collaboration, which I appreciated as I worked with my peers with this online medium. I enjoyed helping my peers whenever they had questions or needed some ideas on online resources for educational purposes. Having support from them with collecting resources and sharing ideas gave me insight into different perspectives and views on the validity of the connections I was making between learning and technology. After taking this course, I feel confident with through my experiece to take my new tech savy attitude within a in-person or virtual classroom!

                                laptop teaching

Comments

  1. Awesome post Eva! I liked that you mentioned the idea of applying the technology, as it is important we use technology in a way the supports what we are learning, and not just for the sake of using it. I really enjoyed working with you this semester and sounds like you are well on your way when implementing technology within your class so that it is meaningful :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment