Let's Explore Virtually


And the journey begins virtually! Come and explore beautiful Croatia with a virtual tour I created on Google Poly. Being able to connect to the world and create my own tour of a dream destination has shown me the possibilities of virtual field trips in the classroom.  That I have the world right at my fingertips.

Virtual Field Trips are a great way to have students explore places around the world and locations in their own backyards. Students can share their own cultures/heritage, favourite travelling experiences or hopes and future travel dreams! Having students create their own virtual tours would be a tool for a project as it was easy to use and has templates that suit different tour types. With them generating their own tours, they will have a hands-on way of exploring material such as the grade 5 science unit : Wetland Ecosystems. I see myself using Virtual field trips in my classroom to broaden the students' world and experiences. Virtual field trips can support authentic and meaningful learning experiences by enhancing the scope (360 degrees in particular) of students' curiosity and how they envision what they are learning. 

Comments

  1. Wow super post Eva! I've always wanted to go to Croatia - that's where my sister's boyfriend is from. It was super fun being able to explore this country through the gorgeous tour that you created. I love the point that you made about using virtual trips as a way for students to share their own cultures or places they might want to visit, as it is a great way to connect with students on a more personal level. What are some specific subject areas or learning experiences, in which you see yourself using virtual field trips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tour! It was really interesting to see what Croatia has to offer. I especially like that you included a specific unit that you can imagine this resource being used for, this shows good forward thinking.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment