Coding Lego Mazes

 


I had a great opportunity to learn more on kid coding and the benefits of using tools such as Scratch in the classroom. Scratch is great coding tool for kids and is designed to highlight the puzzle piecing it takes to code, getting students to see the parts and sets that creates codes. One thing that stood out to me was the versality in lesson designing that can occur with coding, there many great connections to studetns learningn and it is becoming a important skills with the advances in society. I desinged this Grade 5 lessons on Tranformations and problem solving with Scratch and Lego! Coding with this lesson brings an extra level of engagement havings students animate a character through the maze.  I denintiely see myself usign coding and this lesson in the future as it would have students develops problem solving  and communication skills. Coding requires students to use their creativity as the navigate challenges as well as promotes collaborations which are areas of growth that I want to foster within my students.

Comments

  1. Great post Eva! This sounds like a really fun lesson for coding, as it is such an interactive way to learn about transformations :) I agree with you that coding is very versatile, as it can be integrated with various subject areas. I really like your self-assessment, however I was wondering whether the teacher would also be doing some sort of assessment?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment